Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lady in Red


When Mr. J and I first started dating, he told me that he liked red dresses...no doubt influenced by the Chris de Burgh song that was popular at school dances when we were teenagers.  For the first fraternity formal that we attended together, I wore a biased-cut satin red dress that I found at Filene's Basement with some black platform sandals.  The entire look was hideous but I felt beautiful because of the way Mr. J looked at me.  I don't think I've owned a red dress since that fashion failure but when I saw this dress on the sale rack, I just knew it would be perfect for our anniversary dinner.

We celebrated last weekend with a delicious dinner at Melisse.  It was one of the most extravagant meals I've ever had.  It's definitely a splurge but if you live in LA and have a special occasion to celebrate, I highly recommend it!





 Ruffled silk dress: Anthropologie. Beaded ribbon belt: Anthropologie. Clutch: Banana Republic (old. Borrowed from Sarah). Pave link bracelet: J. Crew. Nude patent pumps: Christian Louboutin



2 comments:

  1. Oooh Melisse is high on my LA bucket list!

    You look fabulous in that red dress! Love the twirling action, too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! and it just goes sooo well with loubs!! love those last few pics of you twirling hehe! :)

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips