Sunday, May 26, 2013

Casual Sequins


Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!  Oh how I love long weekends...and this one couldn't have come at a better time.  Work has been super busy lately, and I have a long to-do list that I need to get through before I go on my 3 week vacation and move to NorCal this summer.

I don't know about you, but I have a bunch of "going out" skirts and dresses that just hang in my closet.  I like my pieces to have multiple purposes and I often swap items between work wear and casual wear.  But a sequin skirt is hard to re-purpose.  I decided to dress it down by pairing it with a casually knotted button down shirt and flat ankle boots.  Speaking of ankle boots, they are a short-legged girl's nightmare.  Not everyone can have mile long legs like Aimee, and I struggled with whether or not I should keep these leg-truncating shoes, but I was seduced by the buttery soft leather and comfortable soles.  There are things you just can't change, so I am embracing my short legs!





Polka dot blouse: J. Crew (old) (solid version here). Black sequin skirt: Eight Sixty from Anthropologie (old) (similar here). 
Cut-out booties: Jeffrey Campbell 'Everly'. Bracelets: Stella and Dot and DIY.  Rose gold watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs. Ostrich wallet on chain: Rebecca Minkoff (here in other colors...with studs!)

3 comments:

  1. love love this outfit!! polka dots and sequins together are great!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an adorable outfit!

    xo,
    Shermineh

    www.postgradchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your blog (and especially this skirt)! We are also friends who write a lifestyle blog together, www.the-glitter-life.com. Would love for you to check it out! xo

    Jennifer + Laura
    www.the-glitter-life.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips