Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Graduation Weekend in the Bay



I spent this past weekend up in the San Francisco Bay area, celebrating my little brother Peter's graduation from business school.  I'm so proud of what he's accomplished thus far in life, especially managing to find a fantastic job in a still-tough job market.  While he's grown up to be a generous, kind, intelligent, confident man, he'll always be my baby brother in my heart.

Bay area weather is notoriously finicky, so I thought I would play it safe for the graduation ceremony in a maxi dress.  I figured I could throw on a jacket should it get chilly, but if it were warm, at least I had some ventilation.  Unfortunately, we ended up sitting in the direct sun for two hours, and we roasted, despite the balmy 70 degrees weather.com had predicted.  After the ceremony and the reception, we had an absolutely delicious four course dinner at Quince, a Michelin starred restaurant located in the Financial District of SF.  I highly highly recommend it as it was one of my most favorite meals ever!  All in all, it was a beautiful weekend, and I was one proud big sister.    



I convinced Peter to take some shots for the blog!  He often says he's more stylish than me, and I'd have to agree!

Blue maxi dress: old from Konrad & Joseph - Anthropologie (similar here).  Coral beaded tassel necklace: from the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, Turkey (similar here).  Yellow clutch: Kate Spade - Post Street Madison.  
Mirrored wedges: Christian Louboutin via Decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips