Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Mitten State


The past few weeks have been a whirlwind.  I've officially moved up to the Bay Area.  I also started my new job, which has been an adjustment.  I'm still working on setting my daily routine during the week and exploring our new neighborhood.  Life is definitely better now that I have more control of my work schedule and am finally living with my husband again!

Even though Mr. J and I are putting down roots in Northern California, I will still always consider Michigan my home.  After our big Europe trip, I went home to visit my parents and regressed back to adolescence (without all of the acne and insecurities) for 8 glorious days.  That trip, coupled with the transition from summer to fall, have made me miss Michigan more than ever.  Fall in Michigan is characterized by beautiful colorful foliage, cool crisp air, and cider mills!  What sets Michigan cider mills apart from apple orchards/pumpkin patches in other parts of the country are the delicious fresh cider donuts!  I've definitely had my parents overnight me two dozen donuts in the past...and may or may not be requesting the same from them again this year.

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend!




Black leather jacket: Muubaa 'Tehmi' (similar here) (dip-dyed version here).  
Michigan LOVE tank: birthday gift from my girl Yuko (here).  Teal silk taffeta skirt: Urban Outfitters (very old).  
Necklace: HRH Collection.  White belt: Madewell.  
High-heeled sandals: Steve Madden 'Realove' (in black patent here).



1 comment:

Blogging tips