Sunday, September 8, 2013

Indian Summer Color-Blocking


After Labor Day, I was ready to pack up my summer wardrobe and break out my cold weather gear.  The weather here in the Bay Area, however, had another idea.  Fall, apparently, is summertime up here.  So to celebrate this second summer, I decided to bust out a super bright tank and shorts.  Color-blocking is still in...no? 

I looked up "Indian Summer" on Wikipedia and came upon some interesting variations.  In several languages, it is referred to as Old Ladies' Summer, which I found amusing.  In China, it's called "a tiger in autumn" or qiu laohu.  The 90+ degree weather this weekend definitely felt fierce like a tiger.  While I miss LA, I'm really loving it up here.  I'm mostly loving living with Mr. J again.  Even when we are doing the most mundane activities, I'm happy and grateful to be able to do them with him.





Silk cargo tank: Madewell (other colors here). Purple shorts: J. Crew (old) (this season's version on sale!). 
Nude patent wedges: Pour la Victoire 'Milla' (from Gilt). Rose gold watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs 'Amy'
Bracelet: J. Crew (old).  Sunglasses: Fendi.

2 comments:

Blogging tips