Sunday, April 6, 2014

DIY Heart Garland


When decorating for a party, I often find myself overwhelmed by all the beautiful, adorable options out there on Pinterest and Etsy.  Unfortunately, some of the choices out there are just too complicated for a busy, working, soon-to-be-mom.  I found these heart garlands on Etsy and thought that perhaps I could DIY them without too much headache, and I was right!  

I made a combination of single color hearts and some with varying patterns.  The hearts look best with double sided paper, and you could even use newsprint or magazines.  I used printed and solid cardstock from Michael's for the most part.  These would also hold perfectly with a thinner weight paper as sometimes it was difficult stapling the thicker cardstock together.  Aren't they cute?


For each heart, cut two strips of colored paper that are 6", 8", 10" long and all 1" wide.  Cut a single 5" piece of paper that will act as the middle of the heart, connecting the heart to the hanging string.  Punch a hole near the top of this 5" long piece.  Arrange the pieces as shown above.


Stack the pieces of paper together, and curl down the outer three pieces on both sides to form each side of the heart.


Staple the bottom.


Now you have a complete heart!


Here are all the hearts I made.  Then you just string them together to make a simple garland!


1 comment:

Blogging tips