Sunday, August 18, 2013

Blush Silk in the Cote d'Azur

 

After we left Lyon, we headed to Avignon, where we rented a car and our vacation really began.  With just a loose itinerary, we lazily drove through Provence.  Our first stop was the small town of Les Baux-de-Provence, which is named after the rocky spurs that jut out and create a unique landscape against the surrounding green fields.  We stayed at La Cabro d'Or and it was simply heaven.  From there, we moved down to Ramatuelle, a town located on a hilltop overlooking St. Tropez and the Mediterranean sea.  Finally, we drove along the coast, stopping in St. Tropez, Cannes, and ending in Monte Carlo.

As the landscape changed, so did the food.  While Paris meals were heavy on foie gras and beef dishes, the coastal cities offered more fish and seafood.  And being closer to Italy, we also started seeing pizza pop up on the menus.  The one constant throughout our travels in France?  The bread...oh the bread was so good.  That, and the heat!  I know I'm sounding repetitive in my posts but it was just so hot.  I threw on my "naked dress" to keep cool.  Why do I call it my naked dress?  Not just because of blush-nude color but also because the silk is so lightweight, it feels like I'm wearing next to nothing. 

 





Blush silk dress: Rory Beca (one of my favorite finds from Shopaholic Sample Sales).
Sandals: Zara (old). Tan satchel: Mulberry 'Alexa'. Bracelet: J.Crew (old).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips