Tuesday, June 25, 2013

White Out Summer


I've shied away from white blazers in the past since they usually remind me of the blah oversized white coats I wear to work every day.  This one was different, with its nipped in waist, defined shoulders, and clean lapel.  I paired a cream tonal sequin tank with my streamlined blazer and jeans for some added texture.  I'm loving all this white I'm seeing everywhere for the summer.  It feels so clean and fresh! 

I wore this outfit to Carolyn's birthday dinner at Hinoki and the Bird, a beautiful new-ish restaurant hidden away amongst the high rises of Century City.  I loved their use of natural elements to decorate their outdoor patio.  The Japanese-influenced food was even more delicious, and we were super happy to have a win-win in both the ambience and flavor categories (not an easy feat!).  We highly recommend their lobster roll - a light interpretation of a normally heavy sandwich, and the hinoki wood scented black cod - perfectly buttery flaky goodness with a light touch of smoke.  There's nothing better than dining al fresco with good food and friends.

 







White blazer: Zara.  Cream sequin tank: J.Crew. White jeans: Joe's Jeans.  Nude heeled sandals: Celine.  Earrings: Forever 21.  Necklace/Rings: Old.  Silver clutch: Vintage from mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips