Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fourteen

 

The past couple of weeks have been really rough.  I was completely defeated and broken.  There were days where I could muster only enough energy to be barely functional.  With the help of my doting husband, loving family, and supportive friends (and some retail therapy), I have been slowly piecing myself back together, and each day I'm feeling stronger and more like me.  I've realized that bad things happen and when they do, it's okay to feel bad for yourself.  And it also took this big loss for me to really appreciate all of the good that I have in my life.

It's only fitting that my slow return to normalcy coincides with my and Mr. J's 14 year dating anniversary.  Yes, that's right…dating anniversary.  May 12th may have been when we became husband and wife but November 10th will always be the day that we became us.  So with something to celebrate this weekend, I started wearing real clothes again (instead of my depressing uniform from the past few weeks, which consisted of scrubs, yoga pants, and leggings).  These pants were the perfect transition piece - soft and stretchy like leggings but the thick ponte material with seams and a zipper closure (but still with an elastic waistband) made them more appropriate for social settings.

Our love is the same age as a rebellious teenager.  At 14, it already feels so complete and fulfilling...I can't wait to see what it's like when it becomes a senior citizen.  Happy Anniversary Mr. J!





Owl print blouse: J. Crew. Ponte knit pants: J. Crew 'Pixie' Pant. Leather jacket: Muubaa 'Tehmi' (dip-dyed version here). Jeweled necklace: J. Crew (old). Earrings: via StitchFix. Wood-heeled pump: YSL (old).

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you have been going through a tough time. ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about this rough patch, I was feeling similarly beaten and down recently. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips